Are you looking to join a growing company where you can make a real impact and still have a life outside of work? Look no further–New Direction Trust Company is hiring! If you want to work for a company that values your professional growth and personal time outside of work just as much as growing our business, then you have come to the right place!
Located in Louisville, Colorado, we have helped over 50,000 clients pursue their financial dreams, and we are just getting started. As a leader in the self-directed IRA industry, NDTCO empowers clients to diversify their financial portfolio and invest in alternative assets such as real estate, private equity, and precious metals within their tax-advantaged retirement accounts. We strive to deliver the best experience to our clients, and we are thankful for our incredible staff who make this possible every single day.
We also believe in investing in our employees, listening to their ideas, and educating and promoting from within, so the success of our company is linked to the success of our staff. We love what we do, and we know that you will love it here too because, this is the positive environment you are looking for!
Our growing team is looking for a Transaction Specialist to join our Transactions department! We believe locating the right fit is the most important thing for both sides. The type of person we are looking for is career ready, has the drive to take their career to new levels in the financial world, and someone who has financial industry and/or banking experience.
What does a Transaction Specialist do? This position will be responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and executing investment transactions related to any purchase or sale of private equity, private debt and/or real estate within a client account. The Transaction Specialist will oversee funding and investor document fulfillment while adhering to IRS guidelines, regulators, and internal policies and procedures for any transaction. A primary focus of this role is to mitigate company risk/financial exposure by monitoring for irregularities while providing the investment settlement.
This position reports to the Senior Client Success Manager.
- Review, process and resolve any transactions, including all investment opportunities
- Collect and interpret investment documentation for proper completion based on regulations and internal guidelines while applying specialized knowledge of the asset
- Independently analyze the investment requests with minimal oversight and guidance required
- Direct client communication regarding transactions
- Understanding of NDTCO administrative requirements and policies, the IRS rules and KS regulators
- Commit to a team collaboration environment
- Enhance the client experience
- Exhibits regular attendance and timeliness.
- Perform any other projects or duties as assigned by management
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both written and verbally
- Financial / Accounting / Banking experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain high volume workloads and thrive in a team environment while staying self-motivated
- Must be flexible and exhibit professional judgement which is in line with NDTCO culture and documentation
- Strong understanding of Windows, Excel, and Oracle CX Cloud knowledge is a plus
- Effectively adapts to change and collaboratively works with all team members while demonstrating a consistent, positive attitude
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- High school diploma or some college and relevant work experience
- 2+ years of work experience in the financial or trust company field
- IRA or diverse investment experience preferred
Benefits: (Waiting period may apply – Only full-time employees are eligible for benefits)
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance benefits
- Optional HSA (dependent on health insurance plan) with employer contributions of $90/month
- Paid vacation and personal time along with major paid holidays
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, with matching contributions of up to 3% of income
- Optional short and long-term disability insurance benefits
- Monthly Internet stipend
- NDTCO requires all employees to be COVID-19 vaccinated
- Social distancing guidelines and sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Typical Shift Time:
- 8:30 AM – 5PM (MT) Monday – Friday
- Job Type: Full-time / In Office