At New Direction Trust Company (NDTCO) we give our clients the freedom to invest their tax-advantaged retirement and health savings funds in the alternative assets they are most passionate about. From real estate to startups to small businesses, if our clients can find it, we want to help them fund it.
We are a private financial trust company based in Louisville, Colorado that provides best-in-class custodial services for more than 50,000 self-directed accounts and holds $3.5 billion in cash and assets for our clients. Our mission is to provide the education, flexibility, and account management tools investors need to realize that the spectrum of self-directed investments is broader and easier to manage than they think.
We are seeking an experienced, dynamic Compliance Manager who is eager to take the lead on NDTCO’s regulatory and operational compliance strategies. The ideal candidate would be someone looking to take a leadership position and roll up their sleeves within a growing, nimble Compliance department. The Compliance Manager will act as the AML Officer for NDTCO. This position reports to the General Counsel.
Customer Identification Program (CIP)
- Administer and advance NDTCO’s CIP.
- Ensure appropriate CIP screening parameters applied to new client applicants.
- Manage the daily operations of the LexisNexis compliance platform.
Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Review and determine the trust’s account profiles on a per asset basis to ensure each transaction is within expected activity.
- Review and determine the trust’s overall risk rating including determining the appropriate risk ratings for the trust accounts.
- Monitor and investigate suspicious account activity and incidence of fraud and file a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) as required.
Internal Compliance Audits
- Conduct internal audits to ensure adherence to NDTCO’s policies and procedures by staff.
- Report internal audit findings to the Executive Team.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure new policies align with NDTCO’s overall compliance program.
- Educate NDTCO staff and promote a compliance culture within the organization.
- Implement CIP/BSA/AML-related educational programs and provide guidance and coaching to NDTCO employees on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor and assess evolving compliance trends within the BSA/AML/OFAC and report relevant compliance trends and applicability to NDTCO to the executive team.
- Coordinate and prepare documentation packages for regulatory submissions.
- Acts as a liaison with NDTCO regulators and ensure NDTCO is prepared for third-party examinations.
- Respond to regulatory concerns and implement corrective action.
- Self-motivated and organized with excellent communication skills and collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Expansive knowledge of BSA regulations including regulatory requirements for financial institutions, including high level of knowledge of CIP/EDD/AML principles.
- A desire to lead and make change.
- An intellectual hunger and desire to continue to learn and grow.
- Ability to effectively communicate regulatory requirements to staff.
- Experience in monitoring internal compliance programs, compiling asset and transaction profiles, and rating a financial institution’s overall risk preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or JD a plus.
- 4-6 years of regulatory compliance experience within the financial services industry.
- Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Expert (CAME) certificates are a plus.
- Full-time, exempt
- Hybrid work – role will be expected to spend ½ time in the Louisville, CO office
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary – $85,000 – $100,000 – based upon experience and qualifications
- Employee profit-sharing plan
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- Optional Health Savings Account (HSA) tied to health insurance
- $90 employer contribution to HSA each month (independent of employee contribution)
- Retirement plan, with matching employer retirement contribution of up to 3% of income
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Monthly home internet stipend
All employees of NDTCO must have received at least two vaccinations.