Asset Accounting Manager
Responsible for managing the Asset Accounting staff, optimizing operating workflows, and monitoring daily operating accounting activities to ensure accuracy and compliance. This role coordinates the daily activities of the staff to record and process the payments and deposits of the NDTCO accounts. The Asset Accounting Manager also manages account distributions. The ideal candidate is a motivated, empathetic team leader, who has a desire to optimize operational processes while keeping an eye on the daily activities, and future innovation, within the department. This role reports to the VP of Trust Accounting.
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain NDTCO accounts.
- Act as the key contact for all Asset Accounting activities.
- Supervise, direct, and review the work of the Asset Accounting staff.
- Hire, train, and motivate the Asset Accounting staff.
- Constantly explore ways to optimize the Asset Accounting operational procedures.
- Define and implement Asset Accounting procedures.
- Ensure compliance with NDTCO’s overall operational policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the Client Success Manager to resolve client issues.
- Escalation role for complex Asset Accounting issues and assists other NDTCO staff in resolving any Asset Accounting client issues.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operations of the department.
- Actively collaborate with the NDTCO management team to ensure alignment of operational policies and procedures across NDTCO.
- Lead the adoption of new operating technology within the department.
- Create Asset Account reports for the Executive Team.
- Perform other projects or duties as assigned by Executive Team.
- 5+ years in a financial services operations or accounting role
- Prior management experience a plus
- General understanding of IRA and other tax-advantaged account types
- Highly proficient in computer software programs, including Office365 and Teams.
- Experience with back-office bank and/or brokerage asset accounting systems.
- Deep knowledge of best practices in accounting for deposits, payments, and distributions.
- Deep knowledge in money movement capabilities like ACH and wires.
- A desire to make a change and ability to lead change management efforts.
- Ability to motivate and support a team of Asset Accounting Specialists.
- Goal-oriented with the ability to consistently communicate progress to internal stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports.
- Must be flexible and exhibit appropriate and professional judgment which is in line with NDTCO culture.
- Measured based upon the client satisfaction
- Measured based upon accuracy of reports and department records
- Measured based by the satisfaction of the collaborative teams
- Measured based upon the feedback from the VP of Trust Accounting, their working peers, and subordinates within the Asset Accounting team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting
- Full-time and Exempt
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!