When you’ve chosen your sponsor and depository, NDTCO will need a few simple documents to execute the transaction:
Buy Direction Letter – Authorize the transaction by:
- Logging in to your online portal and selecting “Invest” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the “Precious Metals” drop-down menu and then select “Invest Now.”
- Under Action Type, select “Buy.”
- Under Dealer Information, enter the name of your chosen precious metals dealer and depository.
- Indicate whether you will allocate a specific dollar amount to the purchase or will authorize all available funds.
- Important Note – If you elect to allocate all available funds, this does not mean NDTCO will automatically send your full cash balance to fulfill a purchase. It simply means that we will fulfill whatever invoice price we receive, provided the balance is available in your account.
- Indicate how you would like to pay the applicable fees.
- Check the acknowledgment box and click “Continue.”
Depository Election Form – Contact our office to request the election form for your desired depository, complete it, and submit it to our office through your client portal:
- Access your client portal at portal.ndtco.com.
- Click “Messages” at the top of the page.
- Choose your account from the drop-down menu, indicate the inquiry category, and enter a subject and the message text.
- Click “Choose File(s)” to attach a PDF copy of your signed Depository Election Form to the message.
- Click “Submit” when you’re all set.
Invoice – You will work out the terms of the purchase with your precious metals company just as you would if it were a personal purchase. However, instead of paying your sponsor directly and receiving metals in turn, your sponsor must send NDTCO an invoice that identifies your account as the buyer and your chosen depository as the ship-to address. Your sponsor can send the prepared invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once NDTCO has these forms, we will issue the amount specified on the invoice to your sponsor and await confirmation from the depository that the purchased assets have been received at the depository.